Be a #PlanksSeasonaire
We are Hiring! Come shred with Planks this Winter.
Do you love Planks? Do you share our passion for skiing and enjoying the mountain lifestyle? Planks Clothing is hiring for Shop staff to work for this coming Winter season. Based in our stores in the radical resorts of Val d’Isere, Tignes, Méribel and Morzine… this is easily one of the best jobs in the alps!
Jim Adlington - Planks Founder
I have been a Seasonaire for over 22 winters. My journey has taken me from working as a pot washer, night porter, DJ, bartender, pro skier and now owning my own ski company – Planks! The focus for me as always been the same, to ski as much as possible. So sleeping on people floors, being cramped into tiny studios, doing low paid jobs, struggling to find money to eat has all been part of it. Doing a ski season was the best decision I have ever made in my life. Why, because it's bloody good fun, who doesn’t enjoy skiing every day for 6 months. The friends I have made from my ski seasons have become my close family.
Work for Planks
We are looking for store staff to join us this Winter. As a group of skiers we know first and foremost what is required in our gear for the optimum time on the hill. We’re dedicated to sharing our knowledge through our stores we’re always stoked to learn more from our customer experiences.
If you love skiing, are hardworking and dedicated to providing the upmost in customer service and want to work for one of the most fun ski companies in the Alps, this is the perfect job for you!
- Share our love for skiing, the mountains and the Planks Clothing brand.
- Great communication skills and ability to promote and sell our products and the Planks Clothing brand.
- Positive, self-motivated, hardworking and proactive while working in a small team.
- Basic understanding of sales principles, working to targets and customer service practices.
- French Speaker.
- Previous retail or customer service experience.
- Graphic design / Adobe Photoshop / photography skills.
- 30-35 hours a week in store.
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service & making sure sales targets are being hit.
- Having excellent product knowledge and being able to accurately describe features and the benefits of products to customers and keeping up to date with brand information.
- Maintaining outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Help to create an in resort partnership database Reporting into shop manager and helping Shop manager to produce monthly reports.
- Promoting offers and sales in store and across resort.
- Handling payments and balancing the till at the end of each shift.
- Actively involved in the receiving of new shipments.
- Posting on social media and staying up to date with the shop staff page.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working hours with plenty of time on the hill.
- Staff clothing package.
- Chance to work and ski with an epic team passionate about skiing and the mountains in some Europe’s best resorts!
Send your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for Planks clothing to firstname.lastname@example.org.